Friday, December 9, 2011

Kassy

My sweet second child. She is such a little light in our lives and I love looking into her little face everyday. She just lost her two top teeth and looks so cute!! I love the way she thinks and processes her thoughts. Today while she was sitting on my lap (before school) and I was brushing her hair she asked 'mommy, why did daddy have to leave again?' I replyed with 'Kassy honey, why does daddy always leave?' and she let out a big sigh and said 'to save the world...' Sweet, sweet girl. I (of course trying to be somewhat straight faced) said 'yes baby, something like that' and she said 'ok, to save the planet'!! LOL. It definitely put some aspects of life into perspective for me and how much she adores her daddy and he is her hero. :) It makes me so proud to be her mommy! It also shows me just how much she thinks about things and how big her thoughts are. I love it! I'm also so proud of her because last week her gymnastics coach asked to talk to me. (Of course I teased her and said 'uh oh, what did you do?!' and she almost died, lol.) He talked to me about her ability in gymnastics and asked her if I would mind moving her up to the advanced class! I was shocked (but not super surprised, watching her ability at home) and so excited! After talking with him for a bit, he was suprised she has only been doing gymnastics since september, when I first enrolled her, and said she has a definite talent and he wants to see it go further! So excited!! (Many of you don't know, but when I was her age I also did gymnastics and was on a team, which I loved!) She will be by far the youngest in the class (she is 6 and there are 15 year olds in there!) but he believes she'll do great! She can't wait to start but will finish her class this coming week in her observation. :) Unfortunately Nic won't be here, but I'm hoping he'll be able to see her in another observation class. <3 Just had to share and gush about my baby girl!! :)

No comments: