Thursday, January 24, 2008
A little stressed out.
Well, Nic is finally over on the ground. He got there a few days ago and I'm a little freaked out. Just another adjustment period I suppose, but I'm very stressed out about the whole situation. I just want him to be safe and protected. I know he will be, but I am just a wife and a human. The kids have definitely felt the change as well. We don't get to talk to him everyday anymore and they are always asking to call and tell him good night, or talk to him on the webcam. Another adjustment period for them as well. I'm just trying to keep things around here as normal as possible and keep up with myself. Trying to make sure I exercise everyday is a big part of that. It makes me feel better and boosts my mood. I can just feel the stress in my body and I hate it. The pit in my stomach and my muscles tight all the time. Dreams that are much more vivid now (not bad dreams, just dreams) and not sleeping as well. I know that is just part of the process but it really stinks. But on the other side of this, I have such a WONDERFUL group of family, friends and an awesome church family that support us. I couldn't ask for more. I feel so loved and prayed for everyday. That makes all the difference. God truly blessed us as a family, that is for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Alyssa!
I'm so glad you were able to speak with Nic! So glad he got there safe and sound...we are all praying that he stays that way. Keep up the good work with the kids. I don't think I would be able to handle everything you are going through as well as you are. You are human...but in my eyes you are "Wonder Woman"...I wonder how you do it so well! Love you...
Julie
Post a Comment