Sunday, March 29, 2009
Submarine Birthday Ball!
I am exhausted tonight while I sit here blogging, but with a smile on my face! We got to go out as 'grown ups' last night! It was wonderful! Mom and dad came and stayed with the babies as Nic and I went to the sub ball at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods!! It was so fun and we got to stay the night in a fabulous hotel room! :) I felt very special and fancy (I must say!) and we both had a wonderful night and a great breakfast this morning when we woke up! Hanging out with lots of old and new friends is always fun, especially people who really understand what it's like to be a submariner's family. The ceremony in itself was amazing. It lasted for about an hour. There is some talking, tolling of the bells (for all the submarines and submariners lost) and the POW/MIA table. It was amazing, hard to be from being emotional though. Especially since our very close friends had to rush out (before dinner was served) because their precious baby boy had a seizure. *sigh* I was very somber for the rest of the night, but happy to be with my honey non the less. I'm happy to report that little Brayden is doing well. But please for him as he has to undergo testing this week. Also pray for his mom and dad (Jessica and Michael) as they have to undergo this and watch their son in fear he may seize again. Must get back to my lovely husband... Here's a picture of us from last night!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How nice! Glad you got that time together! You look beautiful!
Post a Comment