Friday, November 4, 2011
It never gets easier....
Most things get easier over time. But never saying goodbye or 'see you later' to your husband or Daddy. It gets harder and harder each and every time. Even if it's 'only' for a few weeks. The kids act out, mommy gets sad and everything gets off kilter for a few days until we get back into the groove again. But we definitely have a lot to be thankful for this year, such as daddy being home for BOTH holidays! We haven't had him home in two years for Thanksgiving and last year he was gone for Christmas, so we are very blessed this year. It will be an extra special year for us over here. :)
This week will be a busy one for us. We have many appointments to go to and hopefully some answers will come with those appointments. We have started the process of getting Lilly some much needed help and I just need to stay on course. I definitely get overwhelmed easily and I need to continue to focus and do what is best for Lil. I found a very fitting quote tonight... Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn (Harriet Beecher Stowe).
Kassy has been such a little ray of sunshine for me the past few days. Just looking at her little face makes me break out into a smile. She has just been so sweet and fun lately! We definitely go through stages with Kassy but when she is like this it makes it all worth it. She had a bad day this week (got an email from her teacher saying she was sad and weepy) and I asked her about it. She said no, I'm fine. I know Daddy leaving this week has affected her and she is trying to be so brave. I just love her to pieces.
As long as Preston is active we are good. LOL. We did a lot of things this week, went on walks, played at the park, stay and play. School is a great place for him and we love it there! He enjoys his time there (as did Kassy). We just can't say enough about Tollgate. They are wonderful. The good thing is, if Preston is busy that means that I'm busy too, which makes the time go by faster. Funny.... there are times when you want time to slow down and other times when you want it to speed up....
One of our activities that keeps us busy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment