Wow, so sorry I haven't posted in a while. We have been so busy and it is hard to keep up with everything. Especially this blog thing. Well, Nic is doing well. He is moving around a lot, but looking forward to each day going by. We know we are getting closer and closer to him coming home. We just keep praying for safety and strength for him. The kids are getting so big! Preston is talking a lot and a busy little boy. Kassy is getting to be such a big girl now and says such funny, funny things! (Like the other day, while my mom was folding clothes, she told her "Daddy is in the desert, that's why I call him Nic") Very random and very funny! Lilly acts much older than her young age of five, but is such a HUGE help to me. All three of the kids have been pitching in and helping me out. Whether it be Lilly unloading and loading the dishwasher, Kassy switching the laundry for me and Preston picking up toys, I couldn't do it without them.
Our trip to Minnesota went great! We had a very good time and the drive was long but went well. The kids are EXCELLENT travelers and were such troopers. We have a lot of stories to tell, but it went well. We enjoyed ourselves at Grandma and Grandpa's ranch. The kids LOVED looking out the window everyday to see the horses and getting to see a bunch of snow while we were there. They even went sledding with Grandpa, which was tons of fun! Grandma even took the kiddos while I went to the Mall of America with my sister in laws and one of my brother in laws. We had a great time and the kids throughly enjoyed their time with their family.
Loneliness is abundant these days and the kids are really feeling daddy being gone lately. I know I am too. With the warm weather comes the fun outdoors, but also the anticipation that daddy will be home 'soon' whatever that means. We have no date for Nic to come home, so that is a bit frustrating. I am just praying he will be home before the next set of holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas). We will keep you posted once we know some more info.
As for me, I am thankful each and everyday for friends and family. Without them this would be nearly impossible. So much love and support surround us. God has truly been wonderful to us. I couldn't ask for anything more than He has given to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We are thankful for you too. You are an example to so many around you, and yet so human and accessible. Nic, Dad, and I are so proud of you...keep up the good work!
Post a Comment