Well... this week is our first week back to normal. Nic is back to work, I'm back to being the sole caretaker during the day. It feels good to be getting back to normal again. I'm actually going to try a mild workout today. I want to try to get back to normal as fast as my body will let me. And thankfully the sun is shining today!! So we can go out and play and get some of this pent up energy out of the little ones. With the rain all of last week they were like little animals, it was awful!!
As for the surgery aspect of things... my body seems to be healing rather quickly and well! We are very thankful for that. I'm still struggling with food, but that seems to be getting better daily. I actually had my first (very small) piece of pizza yesterday, without the cheese! It was delicious and I actually had no reaction to it! I'm eating very small amounts, but that is not a big deal to me. I actually like to eat this way... now the big thing will be to start losing a bit more weight and keeping the weight off that I lost after the surgery. So far so good. I am still at the weight that I was one week after surgery and haven't budged.
Happy mother's day to all yesterday!! We didn't do a whole lot around here, just hung out. I had a rough morning yesterday, but the afternoon got better. We went and visited with my mom and stayed for two hours. It was the perfect amount of time. It was nice to just hang out and be out of the house again. :)
Nic is starting to play softball tonight (on a Navy league)! He is very excited and I'm excited for him! He hasn't played since we lived in Hawaii. The kids are very excited to see him play. We'll be able to catch the end of the game tonight, after Lilly gets out of dance. It'll be a bit hectic but at least he can now ride his bike, so we have two vehicles.
Anyway, better get back to the two little ones. Kassy has been a bit naughty lately so I'm trying to keep my patience and attitude in check. Hoping the workout will help me out with that. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment