I just wanted to write a quick post to say thank you to all of the men and women in military service, past and present. We have lived the life for the past nine years and it isn't an easy on, but we are so fortunate to have our husband/daddy still with us. We pray each and every day for all of the families who have lost loved ones dedicated to serving the US and protecting our freedom. Today, Lilly came upstairs crying... I wasn't sure why. She told me she didn't want to tell me because it was too sad. I was very confused and had her tell me. She said that Daddy told her about Memorial day and then she couldn't get anymore out. I then tried to explain (as well as you can to a six year old) about memorial day and why we celebrate and remember. Then Nic came up the stairs and he was holding Lilly on our bed and they were both crying. I quickly took the little ones (who didn't know what was going on) into another room to give them some privacy. Not sure of what to say or do I tried to compose myself so I wasn't crying as well... Nic got Lilly calmed down and she went off to play with her brother and sister. He then told me that he was trying to tell her the story of two of the men who lost their lives while he was over in 'the desert'. He couldn't finish with the story and Lilly asked that I tell her more about it later. Wow. I was taken aback... I thank God each and everyday that Nic came home to us and he is still here with us, but just never took time to think about how he felt and what he saw while away.
Please, stop and take time to say thank you to a military member, pray for families that have lost loved ones or families who have loved ones in harms way today. It means so much to them... God bless America.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing and thank you Nic! We appreciate you! Have a great Memorial Day as a family!
Post a Comment