Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lots of changes....

Looking at my blog, I realized I hadn't blogged in a long time! We have had an interesting past month... between two hospitalizations for me, school starting, orders not cut and my 30th birthday looming the blog hasn't been first on the list of priorities!!

Update on my health: I was hospitalized at the end of August (for four days) and had my gall bladder removed. We were hoping that was the problem, but unfortunately it wasn't. (Not a huge deal, considering I have a very bad family history of bad gallbladders, so it may have needed to come out sometime in the future. My surgeon actually said he was shocked because he couldn't find an artery running to my GB anywhere! So it was amazing it had made it this long...) I went back into the hospital 9 days later (for four more days, yuck!) and had some more tests run. Turns out I have ulcerative colitis, which makes lots of sense. So lots of dietary changes, medication therapy and hopefully we can get this under control! :)

Update on the kiddos: Lilly started first grade this year!! Amazing! She is back at the Regional Multicultural Magnet School and loves it! She has the same teacher she had last year (block classes) and loves her. Kassy is back at Tollgate Christian Preschool (for her second year) and thrives there! She loves it and can't wait to go on monday, wednesday and friday! Preston is home for one more year with me. He will be going to Tollgate next year (as long as we are still here) and can't wait to be 'big' like the girls.

Update on orders: We have no orders as of yet. Nic has been working furiously to try to get us to stay here in Groton. But we only have until November 1st before we take a serious dock in pay unless he gets back to a submarine. So, we will be taking orders no later than October 15th, no matter where it is we end up. Will keep you up to date on all that....

One year older: Well, Nic (my dad and my friend Julie) pulled the wool over my eyes this year! They threw a 30th birthday party for me yesterday at Stash's Cafe. It was super fun and loved having lots of my family and friends all in one place, at one time. :) He also got me a minivan!! I never thought I would be so excited about a minivan, but I am thrilled!! Love it and the ease with the three kiddos. :)

So that is the short version of the past two months. I'm sure I forgot things, but am hoping to keep up with this a little better now that things seem to be relaxing a bit. :)

No comments: