Monday, April 6, 2009

Changes...

Here in the Fort household things are changing... again. (Isn't that supposed to be the norm for the military? Yes, but not for me!) Updates will be forth coming, but I can say (vaguely) that Nic has been offered a boat here in Groton. Will it all work out? Only God knows, but for now we are praying. As some of you may know, I am scheduled for surgery on April 27th for my stomach to be fixed (finally!). Long story short, Nic is supposed to report to the boat the day I have my surgery. :( Not such a great thing. Especially since I have to be in the hospital for one to two nights in Newport, RI! Augh. Being an hour and a half away from home isn't going to be easy. I'm rather stressed about the whole situation but know it will all be taken care of. I have such wonderful family and friends that it will all be pulled together, even if Nic isn't going to be around. I'll post more as the week goes on.

In other news, poor Lilly woke up this morning with a nasty infection on her little pinky finger! Yuck! We went to the doctor and they drained it out and are testing it for the type of bacteria it was. She was VERY brave and I couldn't have been prouder of her. :) She is home for the day (a bit traumatic for her being at the doctors office this morning), in her jammies and loving it! As much as I love having her home with me. She is getting too big too fast. But I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Preston (we believe) has some sensory integration problems, like our Lilly. It has been becoming clearer and more noticeable lately. Nothing of concern for us (pretty much the same as Lilly's) and since I know how to help Lilly hopefully I can do the same with Preston. He's basically a little boy version of Lilly, which is pretty neat!

Kassy is as active and crazy as normal! As I type, she is jumping on the couch, which she knows better than to do! She wants to be active and on the go constantly, which as most of you know, is the total opposite of me!! LOL. But she is fun and is always keeping me on my toes. Such a little helper too...

Anyway, as I said, I'll post more later this week once things become clearer for us. Just keep us in your prayers! :)

No comments: